My Weight Loss Blog

Search & Win

Visit My Gluten Free Living Blog

Looks Good In Polka Dots

Where it's not just about mothering, gluten free cooking and socially conscious living.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - April 19

In an effort to become more organized... I'm going to attempt start weekly Menu Plan Monday. This should be a no brainer for me, given that once upon a time I was considered anal retentive regarding organization and tidiness... let's just say that having children + a giant Saint Bernard + in home daycare has changed my standards a bit. :)

I'm still planning freezer meals... hopefully I will have a full launch in early May.  Many of our meals are ones that I have chosen with advanced prep in mind.

All meals are served with Organic, Whole, Non-Homogenized Milk.  Raw is best!

Breakfast: 
Oatmeal, Mixed Berries (previously frozen)
Brown Rice with Cranberries & Almonds
Baked Oatmeal Squares & Raw Applesauce/slices
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Toast with Fruit Salad (Bread recipe link at end of post)
Honey Whole Wheat Sourdough Pancakes & Berry Compote
Dry Cereal Day w/ Bananas (We keep select cereals on hand for now)
Eggs anyway day... usually a Saturday or Sunday treat. With Whole Wheat Toast & Fruit of choice

Lunch:
Whole Wheat Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Organic Garden Salad, Organic Baby Carrots
Homemade Mac & Cheese Bake w/ Broccoli & Organic Garden Salad
Turkey Flatbread Sandwich, Tomatoes & Organic Garden Salad 
Black Beans w/ Rice & Shredded Cheese, Fresh Tomato Salsa, Carrot & Celery Sticks
Scrambled Eggs w/ Whole Wheat Toast, Fruit Salad & Organic Garden Salad
Cheese Quesadilla's, Veggie Sticks & Apple Slices
Tuna & Crackers, Organic Garden Salad & Fruit Salad

Dinner:
Beef Lasagna w/ Chopped Tomatoes and Sauce & Organic Garden Salad
Chicken Enchilada's with Kefir Sour Cream, Fresh Carrots & Broccoli (Tortilla Recipe Below)
Tilapia w/ Seasoned Brown Rice, Lightly Steamed Spinach & Organic Garden Salad
Shredded Wild Venison Sandwiches, Fruit Salad & Veggie Sticks
Black Bean Tacos, Avocado, Tomato, Kefir Sour Cream, Organic Garden Salad
Chicken and Rice Bake w/ Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup, Fruit Salad & Veggie Sticks
Shrimp Alfredo w/ Whole Wheat Bow Tie Pasta, Organic Garden Salad, Baked Apples

I will link to recipes as they are posted on one of my blogs or the site I get the recipe from!

My tortilla recipe
Whole Wheat Bread Recipe (non-soaked)

No comments:

Post a Comment